Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Humorous Monologue




Hey guys! So recently in GT, we finished our comedic monologues. I've learned so much from this project. One thing I've learned is how to work with iMovie. I don't have a Mac computer at home so I've never had the chance to mess around with it and experiment with things. But this project has also introduced me to the importing process, making new events and projects, editing, and other technical iMovie terms I've never heard of! Another thing I've learned is what B-Roll is and the difference between A-Roll and B-Roll. But one of the most important things I've learned is how to brainstorm and write a humorous narrative. It can be tricky if you don't know how to correctly link ideas and revise your jokes to make sure they are suitable to share with an audience. Lastly, I've learned what a good movie or video should look and sound like.

Pad is a term used in filming and is very significant. It is a few seconds of extra film at the beginning and end of your video. When filming, you should say "rolling" when you start the recording then count to three in your head. Then say "action" after the three seconds. This will help because there is usually a two second delay after hitting the record button. Also, when you are editing, and you don't have pad, then it may cut off the beginning of your sentence. If you do have pad, you'll have loads of extra film that you could easily cut out and still be able to hear the beginning or end of your sentence. As you can see, pad is extremely necessary in the filming process.


Yesterday (Tuesday 29, 2015) we watched everyone's videos and rated them using the system of a 4 being Exemplary work, a 3 being Accomplished work, 2 as Developing, and a 1 as Beginning video. As you can see in the picture below,24 people in my class (including me)voted my video as a 4/ Exemplary video
. The other 4 voted it as a 3/ Accomplished video. I'm happy with this, even though it isn't a major impact on our overall quarter grade (speaking of which, we have two more days until 1st Quarter is over. Then it's Fall Break!). Anyways,we also voted for the funniest over all video and surprisingly, I got two votes! I wasn't expecting it! I didn't win though- it was a tie between my friends Wailana Marvin and Kacie Burns (go check out their blogs in the links on the side bar!). They definitely deserved it! I have to say, the hardest part of this project would have been having the class watch my video! So cringe worthy! It was kind of awkward because only a few people laughed when the goal was to make the entire class laugh. But I wasn't expecting the whole class to laugh. A strength I discovered about myself is that I am really good at editing. I always expected it to be really hard but I surprised myself. Cutting, shortening/extending the clips, adjusting the speed and volume of the clips, etc. I think if I ever did this project again, my number one priority would be to make sure it is actually funny! Even with all these mistakes and flaws I'm noticing, I had so much fun doing this project and Mr. Sanderl will do it next year!
Anywho, bye bye for now and I'll see you soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment