Friday, September 18, 2015

Comedy Writing

In GT, we've been talking about humor. Having a good sense of humor is important because it builds confidence and it shows your personality. It also is a common trait that most people find attractive. I believe that laughing is just as healthy as eating healthy. It releases stress and makes memories. Laughing could be the start of a successful life! You never know! My point is to try to have fun and make the best in life! Just laugh- it's important!

Writing a humorous monologue may seem hard at first but once you get the main things first, its a breeze. For example, the first thing you must have is an idea set in your mind. Once you have this, just be creative. Try to make it as relatable as possible. It's also required that it is revised so that you are positive that it is appropriate for everyone (if that is your target)! Kids, adults, elderly, different races, things like that! Before performing, you should probably have a bunch of different close family members or friends listen to it. Also, make sure you know the tone that you are going to use. But most importantly... ENJOY IT! Comedy is for entertainment and the entertainer should also get something out of it. 

My comedic monologue was about me having a life threatening case of... perfectionism. I think its funny because you can see how real the struggle is for me daily. Sometimes it comes in handy, helping me get good grades and all. But sometimes, it is the worst thing ever! I will have five minutes to do something and it'll take me fifteen minutes for me to get it perfect. And I know, you may be saying "Why don't you just ignore it?" But unless you have perfectionism as well, THEN YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!! It's like a completely different person that is stronger than you! It always wins! It is also a trait that gets passed down through the family tree. Almost everyone on my dad's side are perfectionists. Anyways, my monologue will be attached in my nest post so please please go check it out! I hope you think it's funny and if you don't then that's cool! So bye bye for now and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment