Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hockney Style Joiners


David Hockney is a famous artist and photographer that has become well-known for his interesting and unique photomontages. A photomontage are several different photos arranged to create a new picture or abstract art. Hockney's photomontages are different than the ones we are making. In some ways, like they are taken at different times of the day (as seen in Hockney's image to the right). You can see that a part of the sky was taken at night. Or in the picture in the top-left corner, some of the clouds around the mountain are dark and stormy, and others are white and puffy. Also, some of Hockney's photomontages aren't close to the original object. The subject is seen multiple times and is somewhat spread apart.

My trampoline covered with memories, with my feet and another mysterious pair of feet.

Images can be powerful things. They can make you feel things. They can make you think things. And sometimes, some make you do things, all of these things both positive and negative. An image can send positive messages by using warm, light, and pretty colors and combinations. Or by presenting happy things like sunsets or someone smiling or a wedding and being humans, we have the urge to be happy when others are happy. If an image uses dark, colorless, and bland things, it tend to make people sad or angry. Or by depicting negative things, like funerals or death, humans will feel and think negatively.
My final photomontage is of my trampoline. This trampoline means so much to me. I've had so many great memories on there with all my friends and family. It represents me because I'm always so jumpy and hyper and constantly moving. I do dance 5 days a week and I still always have energy. But behind that, there is a deeper meaning that I want people to notice. It is that you should jump to reach your goal. Don't just stand there- try to jump ahead and reach for your dreams. And most of all... have fun! If you don't enjoy what you are doing, don't do it then. Its your life. You can jump anyway you want. While your up there, do a front flip. Why not? Just do what makes you happy and have fun. Be active... BE YOU!




-My friend Cara sitting under a tree at our school outside of our
 GT classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment